Monday, September 12, 2011

Half a Bagel, The Grind and Some Puke



Bedtime here at the Jungle and after an amazing day training with Team Lloyd Irvin I can say the training is beyond anything that could be summed up with the two simple words: The Grind.

Then again, I do feel like ground hamburger meat. This morning was nothing short of brutal. Great drilling and then I noticed my anxiety rising and getting out of control. Thinking it would be a good idea to ask Master Lloyd for advice he quickly told me a story then had everyone get in a circle. I was asked to go to the center of the circle and a young woman was called on by Master Lloyd. He gave instructions to all the teammates to coach me and encourage me and that he was sure I wanted to bolt from the room at any moment. I survived the first round.

Then another round, armbar, then another round, triangle to armbar. I was tapping like I had fleas! He let us rest and I had time to go to the bathroom and puke a few times and get my barrings. Next, he asked the young lady to pull guard on me, again, again, again, again, again. All the while this team of champions was coaching me. When it was all done they told me what a great job I had done, even Master Lloyd himself told me I did well. Whew! And, to my surprise Phil Davis, UFC Champ told me I did very well and he once suffered from bad anxiety. Thank you for telling me!

I went home to eat and shower and then it was back to the gym. I did the wrestling class which was fantastic! I had so much fun! Unfortunately my knee started talking to me and it was time to rest so I missed the 8:30pm team training. But I was there to watch and take notes.

Tomorrow is wrestling, strength and conditioning and later no-gi training.
Thank heaven for the wonderful people at the Jungle who are ever encouraging! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment