Friday, September 16, 2011

A Little Extra Rest!

I didn't write anything yesterday because I was too exhausted and sore and in a foul ass mood. Training has been great and I'm certainly learning how to train when you are extremely fatigued.

I ended up pulling my hip flexor so badly it's hard for me to run or lift me leg! UGH! I sparred last night the best I could but it was in vain. I felt bad for my partner as well.

Today was awe inspiring. We had an open mat session and I rolled one round until I decided I was truly injured and needed to sit out. I got to witness the most amazing badassery ever!

On one end of the mat the MMA team was going at it and when they weren't gloved and dawning head gear they had to run around the mat until it was their turn again. On the other end I witnessed Master Lloyd tooling everyone! Fantastic! He is such a big guy but, oh so technical.

Master Lloyd ended up giving us the night off and I was elated, with both my knees are sore and the hip being fussy, I knew my body wanted rest. I came home, ate, and slept 3 hours. Tomorrow, we have a 12pm session and rest, Sunday is the only day we don't train at all.

I think I mentioned before that the training is brutal, did I mention that the training is brutal? Everything on everyone's body hurts and we all look drained. I"m excited that I lived through a week of training with Team Lloyd Irvin even though I had to do many pushups while learning the rules of the mat.

The work ethic of the scholarship students is unlike anything I've ever seen for a a group of twenty somethings. Take for instance Sijara, she's up at 8am, goes to get Master Lloyd, works until it's time to train, trains, goes back to work, trains again, work, train, then take Master Lloyd home and she's back at the Junlge around 12pm. Same for Frank, up early, train, work, train, work and then home late. They do it six days a week.

I'm worried about training on Monday already and another ass beating. The anxiety is getting better, now to take some Advil for the aches and pains. How big can a mat burn get? Wow! I'm just laughing and wondering when I'll get used to the feeling of sandpaper being rubbed on my face!

Now, off to watch a movie that brown belt Andris recommended. That goodness for a film critic here. I've already got a long list of movies to enjoy thanks to him.
Out for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment