Thursday, September 22, 2011

Injured But Not Broken and a Grilled Cheese

Today and tomorrow I'm off from training. Just like any 10 year old who feels her injury is getting better and pushes too hard because she was having fun, well, you know how the story ends. Your injury wakes up with a vengeance and now you're forced to rest.

So, today is dedicated to studying some Dan Kennedy marketing systems and ideas for a book, speaking and a cooking show. Hey, if our wrestling coach did a video series on how to cook when cutting weight for competing why can't we have a show?

Since my right knee and leg have made me a gimp and I'm holed up in my room with nothing but my laptop and a legal pad, I might as well put the time to good use. Plus squeeze in a nap too.

I never knew how much I loved to sleep until coming to Master Lloyd's to train. A two or three hour nap is oh so sweet after a heavy training session. And, sleeping 9-10 hours has become the norm.

I was also given 'Book of Five Rings' by Miyamoto Musashi to read. I've read half of it and it is quite interesting. Much more spiritual than I thought; I was ready for pure anger and blood shed and kill kill kill. I alternate reading it with my book from home 'The Way to God' by Gandhi.

The time off will be good for my mind and allow to me recharge my near dead battery. All the while I keep thinking of cooking ideas for a show. I'd like to start with the all time favorite at my home, the 1am Grilled Cheese. Why does 1am matter? Simple, I'm tired and getting ready for bed and ask my sweetie pie boyfriend if he is still hungry. I indicate that 'the kitchen' will be closing at 1am and I have enough energy to make him a grilled cheese.

Time to study and take some notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment