Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Redemption: Sort Of

Training tonight consisted of sweeps, one and one with your partner for about a half an hour. Then, BAM! Side control escape for an hour! No shit, I'm not kidding.

Thank you Master Lloyd for at least putting me in the top position! Whoo Hoo! Of course I'm still shitting my paints, actually speedos but I'll be doing laundry later so not a problem.

I love side control but without the Gi I found it still challenging. I got to work with another great blue belt and purple belt. They were fantastic!

Afterwards I felt slightly better considering my poor performance this morning. It was great to talk to Jimmy and JT about how to work through the fatigue. These guys are so kind hearted and always encouraging. Although they made me do 20 push ups at breakfast. Booooo!

I'm having a yummy coconut milk and banana smoothie, finishing laundry and watching The Tudors. Looking forward to tomorrow with less anxiety.

And, thank you Nyjah Easton for telling me I did great tonight! WOW!!!
Goodnight World!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see things are going well for u. U gotta teach me some of dat shit when u get back. Especially how to work through your fatigue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fucked 4 Life! LOL, I'm not sure I can teach how to work through the fatigue, I'm just learning this myself. So far as the team explains to me is that it is pretty much mental and there is still something left in the body to push or give just a little more. I'm starting to believe it but there are those sessions I get tooled because I'm exhausted and have trouble getting my mind to work past the fatigue. I propose I just lay on you in side control when I get back when you are dead tired, at least that will be a start for both of us. ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete